Monday, October 15, 2012

Snow is in the air...


It hasn't officially hit home, but it's coming! Ski areas all across CO keep posting photos of fresh powder. Each morning when I drive to work, I expect to see the ski area peaked with white. Unfortunately, not yet. The leaves have all fallen up at Sunlight and each days seems to get a little chillier. It's only a matter of time, which means I need to quell this impatience.
The entire weekend was cold, wet, and dark. The temperature hovered right on the edge of freezing. Another month and it'll probably be well below freezing...one can only hope! On these splendidly disgusting days, I managed to do nothing. And what a glorious nothing it was too! I brought Sculpin in to join in the nothing; we had a great time watching movies and eating ice cream. I did manage to host a dinner Friday night. It has become tradition (apparently) to now have some friends over for a big dinner. This time around I made fresh fettuccine and angel hair pasta with either an alfredo sauce or a butternut squash sauce. Put a salad on the side, brownies for dessert and we were all set! Each week, I want to make something big and delicious. It's a great way to finish my week and fulfill my passion for cooking. I'm thinking possibly an Elk Stew for this Friday?
With cooking, cuddling dogs, and spending time with friends, I'll manage to hold out for the snow. Less than two months until Sunlight opens and then the real fun starts. Until then, I'm working hard in the marketing department and getting guest services ready for the season. I just can't wait for this winter to begin. Between being a manager at Sunlight and getting to really dive into dog sledding, it's going to be perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment